The mission of ICWP (International Centre for Women Playwrights) is to support women playwrights around the world by:
- bringing international attention to their achievements
- encouraging production of their plays, translation, publication, and international distributions of their works
- providing means for communication and contact among the sister community of the world's women dramatists
- assisting them in developing the tools of their craft, in determining their own artistic forms, and in setting their own critical standards
- encouraging scholarly and critical examination and study of the history and the contemporary work and concerns of women playwrights
- supporting their efforts to gain professional equality, and to express their own personal, artistic, social, and political vision without censorship, harassment, or personal danger.
Find out more about the The International Centre for Women Playwrights