Methe Bendix is a Danish playwright, director, and artistic director of Teater Hund, a Copenhagen-based theatre for children and adults. She has written and directed mainly for Teater Hund since 2003.
The work builds on experiment and improvisation, as well as the passions and life experiences of the director, choreographer, and the actors.
- A defining characteristic: Takes humor very seriously.
- Educated as an actor in 1987.
- Co-founded Teater Får302 (Copenhagen) in 1987.
- Started to explore theatre for children around 2000 after having performed and written for adults since 1987.
- Since 2000 a full-time playwright and director.
- Founded Teater Hund in 2003.