If you're a New Zealand resident or citizen, here's a reminder that submissions close on 1 December for the Adam NZ Play Award for the best new New Zealand play.
And if you're not from New Zealand, why not check out Playmarket's online catalogue of over 400 plays?
Playmarket presents the Adam NZ award annually for the best new New Zealand play. The award, formerly the Playmarket New Play Award and now in its sixth year, is the only one of its kind for new writing and encourages writers to banish all self censoring, all worries about what theatres want, what is affordable and what they think audiences want to see.
- It's open to any New Zealand citizen/permanent resident.
- Plays must not have had a professional production (pending productions; readings; workshops or amateur productions are fine). If your play has been produced but you are unsure if this will disqualify it, please enquire - there are a lot of grey areas!
- Scripts may only be submitted to this competition once.
- There are no limits on length, style, theme or cast size.
- You may submit as many as you like.
Find out more at the Playmarket website.